First Citizens Bank has established a summer internship program. The program is designed to provide an opportunity for students to apply classroom knowledge in a corporate environment while delivering tangible value to the organization, as well as gaining valuable work experience. Interns will be assigned to live transactions and will be exposed to leading industry players, lenders, and investors, gaining insight into transaction processes and deal negotiations. Interns will gain an understanding of the Bank’s overall operation. As a result, each intern will be a part of a broader program that has been established to expose the intern to many facets of the Bank. To enhance the intern experience, each intern is assigned a manager, and in some cases a mentor, and peer advisor, who will help facilitate a broader view of intern’s role within the Bank.
The Power and Renewable Energy Group lends money to finance large scale US renewable projects using technologies such as solar, wind, and battery storage. The group arranged over $1 billion in debt financing in 2022 and consistently ranks among the top banks in leading financings for US power and renewables projects. In 2020, it was named Renewable Energy Lead Arranger of the year by Power Finance & Risk, a top publication covering the energy project finance industry.
• Financial modeling in excel of primarily solar and battery storage projects
• Due diligence of projects to include the review of reports from the independent engineer, market, insurance and environmental consultants
• Assist in preparation of internal credit memorandum
• Preparation of marketing materials for potential clients and syndicate partners
• Attend professional development sessions, informational sessions, networking and community service events while having a dedicated manager and program manager to help you navigate the bank and the internship program
• A capstone project and presentation designed to improve a specific process or solve a problem that will be presented at the close of the internship
The base pay for this position is relative to your experience but the range is generally $22.44/hr – $34.32/hr. This position is not eligible for the benefits program. Responsibilities:
In this role, you will:
• Be part of a dynamic team with interesting projects. Accountabilities can and may include areas such as research, analytics, projects, strategy, process review and improvement, as well as technology enhancements and support.
• Attend professional development sessions, informational sessions, networking and community service events.
• Have a dedicated manager and program manager to help you navigate the bank and the internship program.
• Be assigned a project which will be designed to improve a specific process or solve a problem that will be presented at the close of the internship.
• Prepare a wrap-up presentation to be shared with the division leader and other key stakeholders in the company to outline their accomplishments and experience during the internship. Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or GED and 1 year of experience
• Currently enrolled at an accredited collegiate institution (during the time of the summer program)
• Ability to work 40 hours per week during the duration of the program
• 3.0 minimum GPA
• Strong desire to learn and grow
• Possess a positive attitude, naturally curious and enjoys collaborating with others
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to adapt and adjust priorities based on business needs
• Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly