First Citizens Bank offers an exciting summer internship program that provides development opportunities and hands on work experience while creating a talent pipeline for the Bank. Our interns will apply classroom knowledge in a corporate environment while making a positive impact across the organization and the communities we serve. Come help First Citizens build for the future!
The Energy Finance Group lends money to the Midstream and Exploration & Production segments of the Energy Value Chain. The group has financed over $1 billion in the past few years and has ~$2 billion in commitments.
• Financial modeling in excel of oil and gas midstream and exploration & production companies
• Due diligence to include the review of engineering
• Assist in preparation of internal credit memorandum
• Preparation of marketing materials for potential clients
• Attend professional development sessions, informational sessions, networking and community service events while having a dedicated manager and program manager to help you navigate the bank and the internship program
• A capstone project and presentation designed to improve a specific process or solve a problem that will be presented at the close of the internship Responsibilities:
In this role, you will:
• Be part of a dynamic team with interesting projects. Accountabilities can and may include areas such as research, analytics, projects, strategy, process review and improvement, as well as technology enhancements and support.
• Attend professional development sessions, informational sessions, networking and community service events.
• Have a dedicated manager and program manager to help you navigate the bank and the internship program.
• Be assigned a project, designed to improve a specific process or solve a problem that you will present at the close of the internship.
• Prepare a wrap-up presentation to be shared with the division leader and other key stakeholders in the company to outline your accomplishments and experience during the internship Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or GED and 1 year of experience
• Currently enrolled at an accredited collegiate institution (during the time of the summer program)
• Ability to work 40 hours per week during the duration of the program
• 3.0 minimum GPA
• Strong desire to learn and grow
• Possess a positive attitude, naturally curious and enjoys collaborating with others
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to adapt and adjust priorities based on business needs
• Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly