Electrification Sustainability Internship Program/Operations Sustainability Intern, Electrification Service, Dubai (AE) / Cary (US)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are offering to outstanding students the chance to join our multidisciplinary team of operations managers in the field of Circularity and Sustainability. In the frame of a six-month internship (extension possible) in Electrification Service division, you will be able to put theory into practice by contributing to one of our projects on creating use-case driven assessments for both divisional fleet decarbonization and portfolio-wide site decarbonization roadmaps. Your work will be critical in identifying opportunities and strategies to reduce our carbon footprint and create a more sustainable operational framework. Make it your story!
• Conduct in-depth research and analysis to identify the current carbon footprint of our divisional fleet.
• Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to gather data on fleet operations and energy consumption.
• Develop use-case driven assessments that outline practical steps and initiatives for decarbonizing the divisional fleet.
• Identify suitable electrification measures to achieve fleet decarbonization goals.
• Analyze the environmental impact of our divisional portfolio sites.
• Support organizing on-site assessments and audits to evaluate energy consumption and emissions.
• Create a comprehensive portfolio-wide site decarbonization roadmap, prioritizing actions for maximum impact.
• Collaborate with site managers and operations teams to implement sustainable practices and technologies.
• Last-year student in Operations Management, Project Management, Engineering, Sustainability, Environmental Studies, or a related field.
• Sound knowledge of project management and the Electrical Industry market
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to conduct data-driven assessments and develop actionable roadmaps.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to articulate complex ideas effectively.
• Proactive and self-motivated with a keen eye for detail and a drive for continuous improvement.
• Fluent command of English, both written and spoken
More about us
ABB’s Electrification Business Area is a global leader in electrical products and solutions, operating in more than 100 countries, with over 200 manufacturing sites. Our 50,000+ employees are dedicated to transforming how people live, connect and work by delivering safe, smart and sustainable electrification solutions. We are shaping the future trends of electrification, differentiating through technological and digital innovation while delivering an outstanding experience through operational excellence for our customers across utilities, industry, buildings, infrastructure and mobility. For more information visit https://go.abb/electrification.
Global Talent Acquisition Team,
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.