Kellogg is progressing toward unleashing our full potential by separating its business into two standalone companies, which will be named “Kellanova” and “WK Kellogg Co.” This transformation will be complete by the end of 2023. This 2024 internship will support Kellanova, a leading company in global snacking, international cereal and noodles, plant-based foods, and North America frozen breakfast Learn more about our bold next steps at UnleashingOurPotential.com.
As a Procurement Intern with Kellanova for Summer 2024, you’ll be given the opportunity to learn with us and use your creativity and abilities, while enhancing and developing new skills. Within our Procurement area, you will gain visibility into Direct Procurement, Indirect Procurement, Procurement Operations and Knowledge Center. You’ll be part of our success while also shaping your own future by gaining relevant training and experience. Come hungry to learn – and snack – on great brands and products.
With multiple teams to collaborate with and learn about, your opportunity for growth is endless. This internship will have a hybrid location – part remote, part in our Global HQ offices.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
As part of the Kellanova Internship program, you will participate in our corporate onboarding orientation and have the chance to visit our World Headquarters in Chicago, IL or our office in Battle Creek, MI during the Intern Finale meeting. These events consist of executive exposure, former intern & executive panels, networking events, community activities and much more.
This paid internship requires a 3-month, Full Time commitment starting May 2024. Relocation advising and sign-on bonus provided – and did we mention we have plenty of snacks? Travel may be required but will depend on geography and placement. The internship concludes with a Final Presentation to functional leaders.
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
• Working End-to-End – You will have the chance to contribute to real-work projects, one that you own from start to finish. Intrigued yet? As a Procurement intern, you also will work with one of our amazing functions – Direct, Indirect, Procurement Operations and Knowledge Center.
• Consumer Focus – A key part to the success of this role is your interactions with your team and supporting a Kellanova Strategic Sourcing (KSS) event and Request for Proposal (RFP). Let’s get ready to work cross-functionally!
• Playing to Win – If you enjoy supply market analysis and evaluating products and services in the market, this is the place for you! A typical day may include working with different matrix within Excel as well as leaning on your team for further information to support your analysis.
• Driving Results – You also have the chance to be part of month-end reporting of key procurement metrics that drive our business. The end goal is to determine overall cost savings within Procurement while leveraging data you have a hand in creating throughout your internship. It’s all in a day’s work.
• Your Seat at the Table – Our interns are the future of our organization and this is your opportunity to have your voice heard. You will be contributing meaningful work to the Kellanova business by leading your own projects and reporting out on key business solutions to execute leadership.
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
• Enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program from an accredited College or university
• Minimum of 3.2 GPA (cumulative)
• Anticipated graduation date cannot fall during the course of, or at the completion of, your internship. We request students plan to return to campus the semester following the conclusion of their internship.
• Proficiency with computers, including the Microsoft Office applications
• Effective communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Natural curiosity and ability to handle complexity
• Leadership roles in school/volunteer clubs/organizations
After you apply, your application will be reviewed by the University Relations team – not a bot. This means it could take us a little while to get back with you so watch your inbox for updates. In the meantime, visit our How We Hire page to get insights into our hiring process and how to best prepare for a Kellogg interview.
If we can help you with a reasonable accommodation throughout the application or hiring process, please email USA.Recruitment@kellogg.com.
This role takes part in Locate for Your Day, Kellogg’s hybrid way of working that empowers office-based employees to, in partnership with their managers, find a balance between working from home and the office.
ABOUT KELLOGG COMPANY
Kellogg Company is a multibillion-dollar company with over 30 thousand employees all over the globe. We are proud to make delicious foods that people love – foods that you grew up with like Frosted Flakes, Cheez It, Eggo, Pop-Tarts, Crunchy Nut, Pringles, as well as innovative foods such as MorningStar Farms, RX bar, and Noodles. Our KValues and BetterDays commitments are at the core of who we are, what we believe and what brings us together. We’re proud to say we’ve been awarded with Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies”, DiversityInc’s “Top 50 Companies for Diversity”, Newsweek’s “Most Loved Workplaces”, and many more awards that you can check out here.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion has been part of our DNA since the beginning. Clearly stated in our Code of Ethics “we have respect for individuals of all backgrounds, capability and opinions.” We believe that equity is more than leveling the playing field. It is making sure barriers, both tangible and intangible, are removed. Interested in the numbers? We hold ourselves accountable with our yearly Features report.
THE FINER PRINT
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to provide an inclusive work environment, a seat for everyone at the table, and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding our efforts to advance Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, please visit our website here.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this link.
Let’s Create the Future of Food.