See yourself at NBCU! Be a part of our intern community, a diverse group of curious and passionate trailblazers who we believe are the future of our industry
The NBCUniversal Internship Program allows students to unlock their potential by contributing to big projects in meaningful ways that matter. To thrive as an NBCU intern, you are ready to bring your passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with your desire to learn each day.
Your professional development is important to us. NBCU interns receive career prep, leadership exposure, connection to other interns, networking, and of course, all the fun you can imagine along the way. Because we know it can be challenging to balance coursework and internship commitments, we offer interns paid time off for mental health, school exams, and personal holidays.
To meet students where they are, we will host internships in both a virtual and in-person format. Opportunities listed will either be in-person based on the location mentioned or virtual, depending on business needs. Please be sure to read this job description carefully and note the internship dates, locations, and departments before applying.
Spring 2024 Internship Program:
• Applications Close: October 6th at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – applications could close earlier due to applicant volume!
• Program Dates: January 16 – April 19, 2024
• Time Commitment: 16-24 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need. We will do our best to accommodate course schedules.
• Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
• Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
• Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
The Entertainment Group develops and schedules the network’s primetime, late-night, and daytime entertainment programming, including USA, SYFY, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, and Universal Kids. NBC’s quality programs and balanced line-up have earned the network critical acclaim, numerous awards and ratings success, including most recently winning the traditional September-to-May season in primetime’s key demo, marking the network’s third win in four years. NBC has earned more Emmy Awards than any network in television history.
Areas of placement may include, but are not limited to:
• Entertainment Communications- Unscripted: Support communications efforts for unscripted television across Bravo, USA and NBC, maintaining and updating press lists, preparing for press junkets, monitoring press breaks and compiling clip packets, researching media outlets & contacts, and compiling coverage reports, draft tune-ins, assist with press releases and various writing assignments/research projects
• Social Media Marketing: Create fan social sentiment/conversation reports the night after priority episode airings, approve and identify content for NBC Entertainment-owned channels’ YouTube Community Tabs and YouTube Shorts, identify trends on TikTok and ideate ways for NBC to participate in trending conversations, attend weekly social team and show specific meetings, perform social media marketing and competitive research as needed, digital and social sales campaign tracking management
• Syndication Studios Marketing: Creating promotional materials, assisting with digital accounts, acting as a liaison to local station affiliates across the country, and assisting on special event projects, deck building and copy editing, symphony support for both on-air and digital, photo gallery selections of daily shows, creative ideation and assisting with copy/video editing, analytics on original content and media campaigns collaborate with marketing team on new launch and promo ideas, assist with creative materials for sales and promotions
• Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the entire duration of the program.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
• Must be working from a location within a U.S. state during all hours worked.
• Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
• Adobe Creative Suite – a plus but not required
• Preferred majors include Communications, Marketing, Media Studies, Public Relations etc.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Knowledgeable of Bravo, USA & NBC shows
The hourly rate for student interns is $17.00.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing AccessibilitySupport@nbcuni.com