McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald’s means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it’s set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
• Take a class at Hamburger University
• Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
• Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.
Why You’ll Want this Internship
Enjoy a flexible work environment where you can think critically and feed your need (and ours!) for innovation. After initial training, dive in with your Full Time team to learn the business and enjoy robust programming including our Executive Speaker Series, Lunch and Learns with unique teams like Restaurant Architecture and Happy Meals, Employee Business Network sessions, and other training. We designed this internship to provide a smooth transition into McDonald’s so don’t worry – if you bring curiosity and work ethic, we will bring the know-how.
We believe we are #BetterTogether, so we encourage networking through Peer Lunches and mentorship from industry leaders who want you to succeed and take pride in guiding you to develop into a McDonald’s future leader.
In addition, the capabilities you will acquire set you up for a variety of career paths depending on your interests and strengths, and beginning your career in the McDonald’s Corporate Internship gives you early access to our Full Time post-graduation opportunities.
McDonald’s is built on the foundation of Running Great Restaurants. Join the high-performing team responsible for enabling our restaurants to operate at their best and deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. MCX (McDonald’s customer experience) Global Operations supports markets to ensure they have operational solutions that solve the needs of today, while looking ahead at our future.
• Lead or support Global programs that impact and improve restaurant operations
• Engage as a strategic partner to markets, cross-functional departments, and within Global Operations
• Leverage active data-driven operations analytics
You are a strong candidate if you:
• Are a Junior working towards your Bachelor’s degree with a graduation date in Fall 2024 or Spring 2025
• Pursuing an undergraduate degree Business, Analytics, CS, Data Science, IT, MIS, CIS or another relevant area of study
• Have a passion for technology and using it to tackle business challenges
• Can work Monday-Friday during all 10 weeks of the internship June 10 – August 16
• Adapt strong communication skills based on your audience
• Are committed to a culture of inclusiveness
• Want to impact the modern era of McDonald’s
How You’ll be Compensated
You’ll be lovin’ your compensation which will include:
• $25/Hour (Expect to work 40 hrs each week)
• Housing Stipend
• Access to our world-class headquarters and facilities (gym, company events, rooftop patio)
• Company-sponsored networking and social events
• Eligibility for Summer Hours
We are looking for intellectually curious problem-solvers that have a passion for digital, technology, innovation and food and beverage. As a summer intern, you will help lead projects that help shape the future of McDonald’s. Here’s what we’re looking for:
• Enthusiasm for the Innovation: Someone who can bring an infectious sense of interest and passion for McDonald’s. They will be part evangelist – introducing new ideas and suggesting atypical solutions
• Creativity: Someone who can suggest new ways of doing things and bring fresh, new thinking to the table to advance insights and ideas
• Leadership: Someone who can collaborate with and lead others whether it’s a hands-on implementation role or a strategic one, this person will be able to set policy and direction, and implement solutions
• Communication: Expresses complex ideas and positions in a clear, concise, and timely manner
• Upholds all of McDonald’s Standards of Business Conduct
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.