2024 Engineering Internship Program
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB’s Electrification organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy and generating profitable growth for the Electrification Business Area. Our 10,000 strong commercial team represents the portfolio of all Electrification Business Area Divisions in over 100 countries. Our unmatched domain expertise across key industry verticals and channels combined with our truly global footprint makes us able to deliver extraordinary business results, supporting our customers with solutions which address their current needs, whilst considering the future emerging trends such as Urbanization, Digitalization and Shift to Electricity and Sustainable Energy.
The role reports to the Director-Early Talents, University Relations & Employee Branding.
The ABB Internship Program is designed to develop your skills and grow you as a future leader of ABB. Participants can expect to gain an array of challenging and meaningful work experiences in their placements across ABB in the US.
Interns start as a cohort and join with a comprehensive orientation that helps assimilate you into the ABB culture.
After orientation, you will join your internship in one of our four businesses – electrification, motion, robotics, or process automation. Every internship is composed of impactful work to help build your skills and gain business knowledge, while contributing to your team. Potential roles may include, but are not limited to:
Working with our preventative maintenance program so we have analytics around the frequency of machine downtime and repair timing
Developing business acumen including managing the wing to wing process. Starting with the Customer Service quotation, Requisition Engineering, Manufacturing, to possibly visiting the customer site for installation
Working with multiple lines (ie: plating; powder coat; ecoat and powder paint) to ensure quality parts are being produced
Improve efficiencies by assisting in the setup of new equipment and/or assembly processes
Improve quality product throughput by reducing assembly waste
Increasing automated processes using the latest technology
Develop skill sets in additive manufacturing (3D printing)
Acquiring the knowledge to use SAP and other software
• Learn about themselves and ABB’s dynamic global business
• Engage and collaborate with ABB leaders including managers and mentors who will help develop technical and leadership skills
• Aspire to achieve career goals at ABB by participating in professional development opportunities
• Deliver on business results by completing challenging and meaningful assignments in a supportive environment
• Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s engineering degree program and graduating between Dec 2024 and June 2026
• Preferred relevant past internships or co-ops
• Excited to explore living/working in different parts of the US, re-locating for each rotation is possible. Relocation assistance may be provided
• Desire to learn and grow from a diverse set of experiences and people
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A growth mindset focused on continual learning and improvement
• Must have valid US work authorization and must not require sponsorship for an employment visa by ABB at any time in the future
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.