As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
It’s time to CLAIM your internship. Our Property & Casualty Claims Department is looking for students who are completing their sophomore and junior year with an anticipated graduation of December 2024, May 2025, or May 2026. We are targeting students pursuing a degree in Business Administration, Risk Management/Insurance, or Liberal Arts; however, open to all majors. There is potential for this internship to be for two summers.
As an intern you will:
· Gain insight to a variety of different areas within claims and learn about other insurance operations.
· Learn claim handling processes such as investigation, evaluation, negotiation, and policy application.
· Side-by-side with our claims teams as they review medical, property, liability, and injury related issues in claim handling interacting with witnesses, agents, other insurance companies, repair shops, contractors, medical providers, attorneys.
· Engage in our mentorship program and interact with senior leadership.
· Participate in volunteer opportunities to get involved and give back to the community.
Competitive candidates will demonstrate the following skills:
· Solid teamwork
· Critical thinking and decision making
· Effective communication
· Attention to detail
Strong customer orientation
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire.
This position will be in a hybrid work environment.
Our offices are located in Dunwoody, GA; Richardson, Tx; and Tempe, AZ
Competitive candidates should reside within a commutable distance of these locations.
Dates: May 20, 2024 – August 2, 2024
Pay is $20.00 per hour
Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday