United States of America
MA131: Tewksbury, MA Bldg 1 Assabet 50 Apple Hill Drive Assabet – Building 1, Tewksbury, MA, 01876 USA
Position Role Type:
At Raytheon, the foundation of everything we do is rooted in our values and a higher calling – to help our nation and allies defend freedoms and deter aggression. We bring the strength of more than 100 years of experience and renowned engineering expertise to meet the needs of today’s mission and stay ahead of tomorrow’s threat. Our team solves tough, meaningful problems that create a safer, more secure world.
The Electrical Engineering Function is responsible for the design, test, manufacture, and support of advanced electrical subsystems (target detection, target tracking, guidance, navigation, signal processing, and communication) to be utilized in extreme battle-field environments. The Product Design & Packaging Department, a part of the Electrical Engineering Function, is currently searching for 2024 Summer Interns.
A successful candidate is one who can participate in a multi-disciplined team and properly apply engineering tools and processes.
A candidate with interests, studies, research or experiences which are technically broad will be a possible fit in our electrical subsystems group. All Candidates will work within a larger team at Raytheon. Interns perform meaningful engineering tasks for their assigned projects but will also have access to a variety of career development opportunities. These include access to technical mentors and the ability to “shadow” experienced professionals in order to better learn about real industry positions.
• This position is an onsite role.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
• Design of RF microwave components and phased array applications
• Integration and test of component level and system level phased array hardware
This position can be a (insert title) or (insert title) based on the candidate’s qualifications and standing as outlined below:
• Freshman Technical Intern – must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program.
• Sophomore Technical Intern – must have completed 30 credit hours by start of internship.
• Junior Technical Intern – must have completed 60 credit hours of College by start of internship.
• Senior Technical Intern – must have completed 90 credit hours of College by start of internship.
• Post-Graduate Technical Intern – must have an undergraduate degree and be enrolled in a graduate degree program (in degree fields listed in Qualifications You Must Have) by start of internship.
• Must be at least a sophomore by the start of Summer 2024 and pursuing a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree majoring in Electrical Engineering, or related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) major.
• The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. government issued security clearance is required. U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
• ABET is the preferred, although not required accreditation standard.
• 3.0 cumulative GPA desired.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with coworkers from diverse communities and cultures.
• Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles.
• Hands-on experience with electromagnetic simulation tools such as HFSS, ADS, CST, Mentor Graphics’ Xpedition and analytical tools such as Matlab
• Hands on experience with microwave testing techniques, including using spectrum analyzers, Real-time Spectrum Analyzers (RSAs), Vector Network Analyzers (VNAs) and Performance Network Analyzer (PNAs)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong academic background that includes courses in: Microwave Engineering, Microwave Systems, Electromagnetic Theory and Radar Systems
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the benefits we offer include flexible work schedules and achievement awards.
• Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
• Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
• Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
• Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition. Include your cumulative GPA and projected graduation date on your resume.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here:https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
Location: Tewksbury, MA
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms