The Future Talent Program features internships that last up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Research & Development Division can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals
The Global Safety & Environment Intern – Environmental Compliance Team – will provide support to Company facilities globally related to environmental compliance programs (air, water, waste, dangerous goods transportation).
Projects may include:
• Assisting with environmental compliance program implementation and improvements.
• Assisting with calculations associated with environmental compliance program implementation.
• Supporting environmental activities at Company sites.
• Reviewing new or revised environmental regulations and assessing impact to company sites.
• Supporting the development of innovative tools for environmental program improvement.
• Currently pursuing a Bachelors/ Master’s Degree in Safety, Environmental Science, Engineering, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Biology or another technical program.
• Completed at least 2 years of College course work
• Able to work Full Time for a period of 9-12 weeks beginning June 2024
• Critical thinking, communication, problem-solving and computer skills
• Ability to receive verbal or written direction and implement corresponding changes
• Ability to think critically about process inefficiencies and propose solutions
• Prior internship or work experience in the Environmental, Health, and Safety field or in chemical manufacturing.
• Ability to convey ideas and explain decisions in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to work in a small team
Under New York City, Colorado State, Washington State, and California State law, the Company is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the salary range for this job. Final determinations with respect to salary will take into account a number of factors, which may include, but not be limited to the primary work location and the chosen candidate’s relevant skills, experience, and education.
Expected salary range:
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.