Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
2025 Capital Markets, Global Markets Sales & Trading Summer Analyst
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
RBC Capital Markets is a premier investment bank that provides a focused set of products and services to corporations, institutional investors and governments around the world. With more than 7,100 professionals, we operate out of 70 offices in 15 countries across North America, the U.K., Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region.
We work with clients in over 100 countries around the globe to deliver the expertise and execution required to raise capital, access markets, mitigate risk and acquire or dispose of assets. According to Bloomberg and Dealogic, we are consistently ranked among the largest global investment banks. RBC Capital Markets (RBCCM) is part of a leading provider of financial services, Royal Bank of Canada (RBC). Operating since 1869, RBC is one of the top 15 largest banks in the world and the fifth largest in North America, as measured by market capitalisation. With a strong capital base and consistent financial performance, RBC is among a small group of highly rated global banks.
Global Markets Summer Program
Internship opportunities exist within RBCCM for energetic, bright and talented undergraduates and graduates. The Global Markets (GM) Summer Program extends for 10 weeks and provides interns the opportunity to gain in-depth, hands-on experience while working and learning alongside our experienced market professionals. In selecting intern candidates, we look for well-rounded individuals with a track record of outstanding academic achievement, proven technical and analytical skills and a diversity of extracurricular activities. Other essential qualities we look for include strong oral and written communication skills, leadership qualities, initiative and the ability to play a key role as a team member in a fast-paced and challenging work environment. Structured as a rotational program, students will be provided with practical training, hands-on capital markets experience and career-building mentorship throughout the ten-week program. There are opportunities across product groups and markets roles to suit the interests of driven and focused students. Participating businesses include Global Equities, Fixed Income, Currencies & Commodities, and Central Funding Group.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Summer analysts help analyze markets, monitor trading services, and develop new products that will help clients maximize their market performance across a spectrum of asset classes. While responsibilities and projects will vary across desks, the rotational program (Equities, FICC, Central Funding Group) experiences include:
• Analyzing and developing trade ideas in equity and fixed income products
• Aggregating sector/market news flow
• Updating Corporate and Analyst marketing data
• Providing client feedback reports and brainstorm solutions
• Engineering tools and streamline processes to aid efficiency
• Analyzing data to form summaries of overall changes in market positions
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
– Top grades in a four-year US College or university program and entering the final year upon completion of the program
– Basic market knowledge and a demonstrated keen interest in capital markets
– Strong research abilities and excellent analytical and communication skills
– Extremely motivated and able to take initiative in order to identify ways to add value and improve practices
– Demonstrated problem-solving skills, business sense and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in high pressure environments
– Proficient with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
– Technical knowledge of programming/coding languages preferred
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual. From this experience you would gain:
– Direct exposure and hands-on experience including opportunities to do challenging work
– Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
– Opportunity to connect with different desks across our Global Markets businesses, and RBC as a whole
– Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
– Training including orientation sessions as well as an in-class curriculum and regular information sessions with key business leaders
The good-faith expected salary range for the above position is $100,000 depending on factors including but not limited to the candidate’s experience, skills, registration status; market conditions; and business needs. RBC’s compensation philosophy and principles recognize the importance of a highly qualified global workforce and plays a critical role in attracting, engaging and retaining talent that:
· Drives RBC’s high performance culture
· Enables collective achievement of our strategic goals
· Generates sustainable shareholder returns and above market shareholder value
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
BROOKFIELD PLACE FKA 3 WORLD FINANCIAL CENTER, 200 VESEY STREET:NEW YORK
United States of America
Student/Coop (Fixed Term)
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers