urn information into insight
Barclays’ award-winning Credit Research team provides expert knowledge to enable both internal and external clients to make informed investment decisions. Covering Investment Grade, High Yield, Emerging Market, Municipals and Credit Strategy, this team offers actionable insights and innovative products, every day. Find out if you have what it takes to succeed here by becoming a summer analyst.
Credit Research analysts are responsible for covering companies within specific sectors or industries. In addition to performing company and industry analysis, credit analysts work with internal contacts (trading, sales, investment banking, etc.) and external clients (money managers, pension funds, hedge funds, etc.) on a regular basis in order to better evaluate the credit markets. This is a fast-paced and exciting role requiring a high degree of interaction and partnership with Sales & Trading.
Real responsibility, right away
As a summer analyst, you’ll spend the summer rotating through two coverage areas in our Credit Research team, gaining valuable experience and having a genuine impact on our business. Under the direction of a senior analyst, you’ll exercise your critical thinking skills, contributing insights and ideas to investment theses and reports. You may:
• analyze macro industry trends and company financials
• build and maintain financial models and industry databases
• gather, synthesize and interpret data from publications and other sources
• develop marketing materials for clients, with the opportunity to participate in client meetings and phone calls
• begin to understand the next wave of financial analysis through opportunities to work with and learn from our Quantitative Portfolio Strategies and Data Science teams.
A place where you can thrive
At Barclays, you’ll be surrounded by people who will help you achieve your ambitions. Our collaborative, supportive environment gives you the chance to build solid relationships with senior leaders and peers alike. During the program, you’ll also:
• participate in formal and informal training
• connect with junior and senior mentors
• attend dedicated networking sessions and other program events
• receive detailed performance feedback
• give back to the community through volunteer events.
Our Full Time hiring efforts are primarily through our summer analyst program as we invite top-performing, eligible summer analysts to join us as Full Time Credit Research analysts after graduation.
To be considered for this program, you must:
• be an undergraduate student with an anticipated graduation date between December 2024 – June 2025.
Ideally, you would also have:
• a GPA of 3.2 or above
• a strong interest in business and finance, though no specific major is required
• resourcefulness, team-orientation, enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit, demonstrated through participation in extracurricular activities.
Salary / Rate Minimum: $110,000
Salary / Rate Maximum: $110,000
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any another type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website home.barclays
To learn more about careers at Barclays, visit search.jobs.barclays
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law