At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary
At PayPal, we’re literally reinventing how the world pays and gets paid. We understand that it’s about people. We connect individuals to let them shop, get paid, donate and send money using today’s technology with the confidence that comes from the security and control PayPal enables. Are you ready to help us change the world?
The world’s leading payments company, PayPal, brings together a family of brands that are revolutionizing the way people move money. At PayPal you will be immersed in an amazing community with a vibrant culture that thrives on innovation, collaboration, inclusion and wellness.
We are seeking world-class problem solvers who have a passion for data and a relentless focus on execution and delivery. You will be most successful with a healthy combination of both, technical skills and business acumen. As a Data Analyst you will generate insights by conducting extensive analyses of PayPal’s rich data. In the process, you will develop a deep understanding of the payments business, our site functionality, further strengthen your analytic, leadership and presentation skills and gain exposure to a wide variety of functional teams within PayPal.
• Understand how to make data visually appealing and simple to both navigate and comprehend for end-users
• Aggregate data from various sources to construct streamlined data pipelines and integrate data from multiple PayPal systems
• Identify key metrics and build exec-facing dashboards to track the progress of the business and its highest priority initiatives
• Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, perform analyses, and communicate key findings to various stakeholders to facilitate data driven decision-making
• Work closely across the matrix with teams like Finance, Marketing, Product, Engineering and senior executives
• Lead and participate in special projects/initiatives: innovate and implement large-scale quality improvements to processes and/or systems by conducting data analysis and making recommendations, troubleshooting technical issues, and refining processes around customer support
• Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
• Demonstrated experience, familiarity and ease with handling large data sets and crunching numbers
• Information Retrieval (search/recommendation/classification) experience or Human Judgment/User Interface experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex problems into simpler terms, and effectively influence both peers and senior leadership
Internship Program Information and Requirements:
• This is a Summer 2024 Internship program. Spring and Fall 2024 internships are not available.
• Must currently be pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field from an accredited College or university.
• Must be returning to school in the Fall of 2024.
• Must reside in the U.S. during the Summer internship program.
• Must be able to obtain authorization to work in the U.S. for the summer.
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this position may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national hourly pay range for this role is $21 to $55.
Additional Job Description:
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Any general requests for consideration of your skills, please Join Our Talent Community.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated