Editorial Projects in Education, publisher of Education Week, edweek.org, teachermagazine.org, Digital Directions, and producer of Education Week Leadership Forums, is seeking an audience development intern to help build circulation/traffic, and maintain customer service. This is a paid internship. Course credit may also be earned, depending on requirements.
• Assist with customer service (phone and email) as needed.
• Identify recurring problems, and put automated or scripted customer solutions in place.
• Input “do not mail” names into database
• Communicate any changes in website, marketing, or other policies which might impact customer care to appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
• Monitor and report on renewals, bills, new business and online audience measurements, as needed.
• Set up site licenses and assist site license users as needed.
• Analyze trends of key performance indicators and report on changes to stakeholders.
• Assist with email marketing projects, setting up emails in the email marketing system and following/tracking results.
• Report email and direct mail results using online systems available for reporting.
• Other projects as requested.