GE Vernova is seeking sharp, personable, highly-organized interns who are looking for the opportunity to grow their technical and professional skills while building a career with unlimited potential. Interns will learn from the best in the industry and work on substantial projects with real world implications, getting hands-on with digital technologies!
We offer meaningful, impactful assignments as well as an assignment that includes team building, career development opportunities, and more! Digital Technology Interns are GE Vernova’s primary pipeline to Full Time employment opportunities either as a direct hire or as a member of one of our worldclass early talent leadership programs, like the Digital Technology Leadership Program (DTLP). Digital Technology Interns are hired to focus on a particular area of the GE Vernova businesses based on availability of positions, the interviewer’s assessment, and the applicant’s preference.
Focus areas could include but are not limited to Digital Platforms, Digital Engineering, Data Analytics & Operations, Technical Product Management, and more.
Digital intern assignments, typically 10 to 12 weeks in length, are dynamic and challenging based on the business needs and the type of work required. Interns have significant exposure to key IT and Software business leaders at GE Vernova; as well as a global internship support network to accelerate learning and development.
Potential Locations Include:
• Greenville, South Carolina; Schenectady New York; Atlanta, GA; and other GE Vernova locations
Co-op/Interns will be reimbursed for reasonable, proper, and documented expenditures incurred while initially reporting to work and returning to school/home upon completion of the assignment. Employees with a permanent address greater than 50 miles from the work location are eligible.
Co-op/Interns employees receive a weekly housing allowance to help off-set living expenses when the co-op/Intern’s permanent residence is at least 50 miles away from the work location.
• January 2024 to May 2024 (Spring)
• *Co-Op opportunities to be staffed and defined as applicable
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree program at an accredited university or
credentialed software accelerator program.
• Degree focused in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, IT
Security, Informatics, Information Science/Technology, Management Information Systems,
Software Engineering, Security and Risk Analysis, or other relevant STEM majors with Software/IT
• Must maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (without rounding).
• Must submit your application for employment through https://www.ge.com/university
• Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be able to develop and maintain good customer relationships
• Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
• Must be willing to work in geographical area specified by the business
• Must have the ability to work in the US for an unlimited amount of time without sponsorship
• Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in software, IT or relevant area.
• Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom.
• A strong commitment to a career in technology and passioSee Websiteptitude for both software and
• Strong analytical and technical skills with experience in software industry standards and
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate clearly.
• Demonstrated creative problem solving and proactive learning.
Additional Job Description
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.