Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
Global Finance Summer 2024 Internship
If you’re looking for a valuable opportunity with a global leader, UPS Global Finance has the internship for you! Finance & Accounting teams at UPS help deliver what matters to both customers and shareholders. They combine knowledge of finance, accounting, operations, and data analytics to inform strategic decision-making and to evaluate company performance.
Internship Experience and Benefits:
The summer internship is designed to immerse interns in the corporate culture and provides students the opportunity to gain hands-on work experience by being involved in exciting team projects that have high visibility and lasting impact at UPS. Throughout the course of the summer, interns are given significant exposure to senior leadership and all functional areas of finance. At the end of the program, interns will present their insights and recommendations to finance executives.
Internship opportunities are available in the following F&A departments:
• Global Accounting Center (GAC)
• Evaluates and implements statutory fixed asset sub-ledgers for our international locations
• Identifies locations where the statutory fixed asset guidelines differ from US GAAP, document the specific differences, and coordinate the setup of the assets into the fixed asset sub-ledger
• Builds necessary desk level procedures and training resources to ensure an effective FA implementation
• Risk Management
• Manages UPS Global Insurance programs (e.g. Property/Marine Cargo, Worker’s Compensation, Auto and General Liability, Aviation, Specialty Risk Programs, etc.)
• Develops and administers administration of other programs with the overarching goal of optimizing risk transfer and reducing UPS long term cost of risk
• Establishes, manages, and determines the tax strategies for UPS worldwide
• Assists with UPS’s overall U.S. corporate income taxes (federal, state, and local), partnerships, trusts, and certain miscellaneous excise tax filings
• Reviews benefit plan documents and establishes UPS policy as needed from a tax perspective
• Assists with operational funding and optimizing the short-term working capital investment portfolio
• Manages financial risks for foreign exchange, energy, and interest rates
• Creates effective banking structures and cultivates strategic banking relationships
• Corporate Financial Reports and Plans (FR&P)
• Manages components from Corporate Accounting, External Reporting, Reporting & Consolidations, Corporate Planning, and Financial Information Systems (FIS)
• Assists with a variety of challenges in different F&A areas, including accounting, financial analysis, reporting and planning
• US Domestic Finance
• Supports one or more of the following areas: cost planning, revenue management, and payroll overtime
• Assists corporate management team with financial issues pertaining to reporting, monitoring costs, reviewing production, payroll, etc.
• Researches and interprets financial data to provide information to management
• Rising College junior or senior, or recent graduate within the last 24 months
• Demonstrates an understanding of basic financial terminology and concepts such as operating profit/loss and net income
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
• Excellent oral, written and interactive communication skills
• Skilled in effective research tactics with strong organization skills
• Ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality
• Ability to convey a positive and professional image to internal and external customers
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer
• Employer will not sponsor a visa for this or future positions
• Must be currently located in the same geographic location as the job or willing to relocate yourself
• Must be a rising College junior or senior, or recent graduate within the last 24 months
• Must be available to work 30-40 hours per week
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Employer will sponsor visas for specific positions. UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer