See yourself at NBCU! Be a part of our intern community, a diverse group of curious and passionate trailblazers who we believe are the future of our industry
The NBCUniversal Internship Program allows students to unlock their potential by contributing to big projects in meaningful ways that matter. To thrive as an NBCU intern, you are ready to bring your passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with your desire to learn each day.
Your professional development is important to us. NBCU interns receive career prep, leadership exposure, connection to other interns, networking, and of course, all the fun you can imagine along the way. Because we know it can be challenging to balance coursework and internship commitments, we offer interns paid time off for mental health, school exams, and personal holidays.
To meet students where they are, we will host internships in both a virtual and in-person format. Opportunities listed will either be in-person based on the location mentioned or virtual, depending on business needs. Some of our internship opportunities that begin in September will continue through the Academic Year and end in April. Please be sure to read this job description carefully and note the internship dates, locations, and departments before applying.
Spring 2024 Internship Program:
• Applications Close: October 6th at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – applications could close earlier due to applicant volume!
• Program Dates: January 16 – April 19, 2024
• Time Commitment: 16-24 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need. We will do our best to accommodate course schedules.
• Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
• Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
• Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
Areas of placement may include, but are not limited to:
• International Human Resources, Film: Intern will support the Sales, Marketing, Finance, Business & Legal Affairs, and Research & Strategy functions of Global Distribution, partner with the HR Director and HR Manager to strategize and facilitate initiatives and provide day to day support.
• Television & Streaming DEI: NBCUniversal’s TV DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) team, also known as NBCU LAUNCH, is one of the longest standing diversity, equity and inclusion departments in the entertainment industry. Our team is committed to discovering and developing the next generation of content creators from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds through our groundbreaking talent development programs that focus on helping to launch careers and forging pathways to continued success within NBCUniversal. Our programs and partnerships provide creators with access to networking and staffing opportunities, professional mentorship, and career growth, while also honing their self-branding strategies, pitching skills, and overall knowledge of the network and studio landscape. The TV DEI team comprehensively supports and tracks creators’ career momentum as they move through the business and reach new creative heights.
• Internal Communications & Events, Human Resources – Universal Studio Group: intern will report to the Employee Experience Specialist, while working with other members of the team to gain exposure across the business. primarily support employee engagement initiatives, events, and communication, as well as providing day-to-day HR Generalist support. gain exposure to entertainment industry processes that support the needs of our employees and multi-billion-dollar global media business.
• Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the entire duration of the program.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
• Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
• Comfortable with financial analyses and large sets of data
• Coachable/eager to learn, positive attitude
• Works independently, willingness to go the extra mile
• Mindset of continuous improvement (e.g., suggestions and insights as a fresh set of eyes)
The hourly rate for undergraduate student interns is $17.00.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726