The team that delivers world-class solutions
Our industry-leading group provides model development, analytics and valuable quantitative advice to businesses across the bank. Applying to our program, means the opportunity to join one of our specialist teams, including
Derivatives and Securities Modelling Quants
Are specialized modelers and developers responsible for researching, innovating, developing, testing, implementing, and supporting all quantitative models used for valuation and risk management across all asset classes. Joining a group that partners with traders and risk managers across the bank, you’ll gain the widest exposure to a variety of modelling techniques and instruments to help drive business strategy.
Statistical Modelling Quants:
Are made up of data scientists, developers, data engineers, and researchers who deliver solutions to develop, test, implement, and support all statistical models for the estimation of default probabilities, recovery rates and exposures at default, forecasting models for net revenue and balance sheet projections, scenario generation, operational risk, climate change, economic capital models and machine learning models for fraud detection, all while using the latest model development approaches and advancements in technology.
The chance to make an impact
As an intern, you’ll gain valuable exposure to real-world problems in our dynamic and invigorating environment. During your internship, you will have the chance to:
• apply the latest quantitative techniques to solve real-world business problems
• research, develop and implement new models and solutions
• improve our computing and data infrastructure.
A place where you can thrive
At Barclays, you’ll be surrounded by experts in the industry, who will help you achieve your goals and ambitions. Our collaborative, supportive environment gives you the chance to build solid relationships with senior leaders and peers alike.
What’s more, this could be the beginning of an exciting and rewarding career. We offer Full Time employment opportunities to those interns demonstrating excellent work ethic and technical competence upon the completion of their internship.
During the program, you’ll also:
• participate in formal and informal training designed to give you the knowledge you need when you need it
• receive detailed performance coaching and feedback
• have opportunities to expand your network and develop leadership skills
Your role as a Quantitative Analytics Summer Associate will provide you with the skills and experience needed for a successful career in the world of finance. The program will help provide a visible path to the necessary steps for promotion and the tools to get you there.
To be considered for this program, you must:
• either have completed or be in your final year of a postgraduate qualification, or equivalent, in a technical discipline such as Physics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Quantitative Finance, Economics, Statistics, Stochastic Calculus, Computer Science, or other STEM subjects.
• be graduating between December 2024 – June 2025.
Ideally, you would also have:
• strong mathematical and programming skills (ideally in C++, or Python)
• strong logical thinking and problem solving abilities
• communication skills and a team-oriented attitude
• fluent written and spoken English
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website home.barclays
To learn more about careers at Barclays, visit search.jobs.barclays
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law