Boston, United States of America
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Risk Summer Internship role will provide the intern with an opportunity to gain a stronger understanding of in Risk Management within the Financial Services industry. They’ll be part of a diverse team of talented professionals who interact with senior risk team personnel, business managers and other disciplines in order to understand business operations and dynamics, and analyze, monitor, and manage related risks. You’ll monitor activities to minimize the company’s exposure to risk coupled with building and maintaining new processes. Activities will include risk assessment, quantitative analysis & communication across different functions. Represent or support the reputation of the company to minimize operational risk by resolving issues and ensuring adherence to company and regulatory standards.
This 2024 Summer Internship is for undergraduate students who have an anticipated graduation date between December 2024 and June 2025.
The application deadline for this position is Sunday, November 12, 2023.
This internship position is located in Boston MA. Before applying, please keep in mind that our internship program does not offer any relocation assistance. To learn more about our summer internship program and the activities included, please visit https://www.santandercareers.com/students.
Some responsibilities of the Risk internship role may include but are not limited to:
• Assess operational risk errors and issues to develop understanding of root cause
• Participate in various risk management projects and initiatives
• Executes ad hoc reporting to facilitate miscellaneous senior and executive management reporting and status updates as needed.
• Lead, support, and develop short-term projects
• Support the further development of operation risk capital estimation processes.
• Assist in the production and review of operational risk related materials for various risk forums/committees.
• Create an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion where all perspectives are valued and all people are welcomed.
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at a University or College, business finance related, economics m
• Major in business, economics, finance, or related field
• Expected graduation date between December 2024 – June 205
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00
• Expertise in delivering high quality work products, reflecting attention to detail and analytical process
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with senior leaders across departments
• Ability to quickly grasp complex concepts, including global business and regulatory matters
• Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances
• Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding
• Ability to work in an environment that supports employees from all backgrounds and fosters an environment of inclusion.
• Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs
• Travel to multiple facilities may be required
• May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds
• May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
• May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
Diversity & EEO Statements: At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Working Conditions: Frequent Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing and walking. Occasional moving and lifting equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown. Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
Employer Rights: This job description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
High School (High School) English
Primary Location: Boston, MA, Boston
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Boston
Organization: Santander Bank N.A